Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Stage





I actually started out with not a clue of what to do for Christmas this year. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year and I love doing Christmas production work. That said I was drawing a blank. My art has shifted a bit since moving into the city. I did not know what christmas was going to look like through my new lens. Also due to the economy my budget was cut by more that half. I toyed with several ideas but always kept coming back to using light.

At one point there were going to be 8' tall letters spelling incarnate across the back of the stage. And frosted plexi-glass stars hanging around the stage. In the end I stuck with all light. The only hint that it is christmas is the 60in wreaths on either side of the stage. I even kept them very plane with only lights.

We put the three screens center stage. In the end it was a good play of horizontal and vertical lines. Everything was kept very clean and simple.

The back wall of the stage has 576 strands of lights for a total of 57,600 points of light, or 24,000 watts of light.

1 comment:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I want to know how you got the lights to alternate light and dark. Did you have extension cords you plugged a certain number of strands into and have them on different dimmers? I sat in service wondering.