Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Red Candle


In the midst of building the Christmas set with all the candles, an artist friend of mine called and told me I needed one red candle on stage. This candle would represent the death of christ and the blood that was shed for all of humanity.
I ran by Michael's and grabbed the candle. We had the stand in storage. I placed six white candles around the red candle and took the blow torch to it all. I melted the red candle last so you got the red wax on top of everything else.
The candles sat center stage and a shot of them created the perfect backdrop for our lyrics during communion.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I may borrow this idea next time we do our communion service. It looks amazing!!

Matt Maldre said...

Intense! I love it.

Jordan said...

Noticed that you had a light on it too, very nice touch!