Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reduce, reuse, recycle, and impress!

Ok so we all know the economy suck. So in an effort to be good stewards and wise spenders I am trying to be creative with what we have laying around.

I was really tired of the three screen setup. I was having to create two versions of everything it was really getting old. So last week we split the screen apart, we put the two screens back on the sides of the stage. I put the wide angle lens in the center projector and put aluminum screen, that was left over from our first set, at different angles from the bottom of the cat walk. This created a 20 X 30 foot image that is fragmented and creates some double imagery at points. The overall effect was very dramatic.

We launched the common.org for our church today. Benjamin Gott, the founder of the common, was there to help us launch it.
Relationship Status is our current series the backdrop added a dramatic visual aspect to the artwork.

The great thing about this set is that you can use traditional elements in a contemporary context.

Love the tree.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new look - great work Jason.

Felicity said...

LOVE IT! Seriously, I'm going through a traditional phase and those images of the stained glass projected on a modern backdrop... yeah, I'm wishing I was THERE right now!

mrs. koch said...

i, too, was excited by and fond of the new set when i saw it this morning. it enhances what's going on in a very calm way. and way to reuse!!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I have seen everything you have done in the last 10 years. And then some. You still have the power to amaze me at your ability to work within a budget and create a WoW factor that enhances the worship experience and the message.

Anonymous said...

i love the tree the most. incredible my friend. way to be recession friendly and still do amazing stuff that looks like a million bucks. did i mention how much i love working with you?

danieljohn said...

supercalaWOWZAlistic-JasonWidneydocious! Dude, that is ridiculously cool. I'm sending people to your blog to check this out.

Just so cool!

Matt Maldre said...

when i was at the service with the tree, i remember thinking how much i like it. Especially how it was blurred out on the smaller screen. It creates a great look. And it also reminded me of a heart--the veins, the arteries. How a heart gives life, how a tree is life. How a tree is planted in the ground. The roots. Blooming where we are planted. Yup, your work sprouted all those thoughts. :)